1/23/14, "NYT Magazine explains evolution of ‘Planet Hillary’ cover," Poynter.org, Kristen Hare
The image of a round, fleshy Hillary head adorns the cover the the upcoming issue of The New York Times Magazine.
On Thursday, Arem Duplessis offered a visual evolution of the cover.
And at The Daily Dot, Miles Klee gathered the memes and the memes about memes that have since come to life.
But reading headline reactions to the cover was also pretty fun. Responses ranged from inspired (Vanity Fair) to WTF (pretty much everyone else).
- Jezebel: “This New York Times Magazine Cover of Hillary Clinton Is…Interesting”
- The Huffington Post: “NY Times Magazine’s Hillary Clinton Cover Is FREAKING US OUT”
- Time: “Here Is Hillary Clinton as a Planet on a Very Bizarre New York Times Magazine Cover”
- Talking Points Memo: “NY Times Magazine’s Hillary Clinton Cover Might Creep You Out”
- Twitchy: “‘Seriously WTF’: NYT Magazine’s ‘Planet Hillary’ cover will haunt your dreams”
- Mediaite: “This Weekend’s NYT Magazine’s Hillary Clinton Cover is…Um…”
In the end, perhaps Mashable summed the whole thing up best: “Internet Gravitates Toward Bizarre ‘Planet Hillary’ Magazine Cover”." image from poynter.org