Saturday, February 28, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
- His proposals reflect a stunning disregard for the impact of government policies on economic output
- and a clear preference for jobs created by government spending rather than private investment.
The president says he wants to eliminate the George W. Bush tax cuts "on the wealthy," a core promise of his campaign. But those cuts help reduce the cost of capital in America, an essential tool to helping business out of this recession. Raising the capital gains tax, as Obama proposes, will make private investment dollars even scarcer, as will hiking income taxes on those most likely to invest in the economy.
- His cap-and-trade program to fight global warming is
- another massive tax increase in disguise
- as it would force businesses to either install expensive new equipment to reduce carbon dioxide emissions
This "tax" would hit producing states like Michigan especially hard.
- California companies are already struggling under that state's onerous cap-and-trade program, according to a New York Times report.
CalPortland, which provides concrete for California roads and bridges, says the cost of retrofitting just one its plants
- will cost $200 million.
- So the company may close the plant instead, at a cost of 140 jobs.
Consider that Obama's massive infrastructure spending program will require huge amounts of concrete, and it's not hard to imagine
- most of that material coming from China or Mexico if a federal
- cap-and-trade program is enacted.
To address the crisis in the financial markets, Obama so far has been able to come up only with calls for new layers of regulation and oversight that will do nothing to improve liquidity.
- Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner has whiffed at two attempts to articulate a strategy for the banks
America's economy is the envy of the world because it provides businesses a relatively hassle-free regulatory environment with access to cheap capital markets and cheap energy. The new administration would do well to learn this lesson -- and fast."
Monday, February 23, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
OBAMA'S 1960'S STUDENT RADICAL RHETORIC HAS BEEN ACTED OUT on the middle class...WITH THE KEY AID OF HIS DERANGED, LYING SHILLS IN THE MEDIA.
Obama protesters in Arizona the Obama media machine won't tell you about. Courtesy Michelle Malkin.
Monday, February 16, 2009
"Muzzammil Hassan (left) receives award from CAIR-PA Chairman Iftekhar Hussain and CAIR National Chairman Parvez Ahmed"
Wife, left, beheaded by Muslim husband in Buffalo, NY, 2/16/09 Buffalo News
Sunday, February 8, 2009
- "By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in migration assistance to the
- Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.
The "presidential determination" which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to
President Obama's decision, according to the Register, was necessitated by "the urgent refugee and migration needs" of the "victims."
- Few on Capitol Hill took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with
- housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support of the
- Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.
The charter for Hamas calls for the replacement of the nation of Israel with a Palestinian Islamic state.
Since its formation in 1994, Hamas has been responsible for hundreds of terrorist attacks, including the 2002 Passover suicide bombing. The leaders of the movement signed the World Islamic Statement of 1998 – a document, penned by Osama bin Laden, which declared war on America and Israel."...via Lucianne.com
Friday, February 6, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
NEO-MARXIST Obama and his billionaire friends continue stealing from unsuspecting Americans. Picture from RushLimbaugh.com.
- Page 1 from google of many pages on ethanol crime. Every politician
- should have his wages garnished until US taxpayers are reimbursed:
- U.S. taxpayer dollars should not be spent to facilitate the growth of an already booming foreign industry. Brazil's ethanol industry, which is based on ...
2760a865-e574-4d51-9a55...3&Year=2007 - 30k -Cached - Similar pages