1/23/2012, "George Soros on the Coming U.S. Class War," Newsweek, by John Arlidge
"As anger rises, riots on the streets of American cities are inevitable. “Yes, yes, yes,” he says, almost gleefully. The response to the unrest could be more damaging than the violence itself. “It will be an excuse for cracking down and using strong-arm tactics to maintain law and order, which, carried to an extreme,
could bring about
a repressive political system,
a society where individual liberty is much more constrained, which would
be a break with the tradition of the United States.”"...
In 2008 Soros said the US "is finished," "end of an era," US "motor has been switched off," Americans will be forced to use less energy:
10/15/2008, "Soros on Green as the motor of the economy," Grist, Bill Moyers transcript with Soros
- From Bill Moyers PBS transcript: You say this is the "end of an era?"
- Soros: "Yes." "Energy has got to cost more."
- better world order where we work together to resolve problems that confront humanity like
- global warming.
You see, for the last 25 years the world economy, the motor of the world economy that has been driving it was consumption by the American consumer who has been spending more than he has been saving, all right? Than he's been producing.
- So that motor is now switched off.
- It's finished. It's run out of -- can't continue.
- It requires big investment."...
- (Soros group CPI says even more taxpayer dollars must guarantee return of investors in the $1 billion a day imaginary global warming industry).
GEORGE SOROS: Instead of consuming building an electricity grid, saving on energy, rewiring the houses, adjusting your lifestyle where
- energy has got to cost more
BILL MOYERS: You're talking about this being the end of an era and needing to create a whole new paradigm for the economic model of the country, of the world, right?
GEORGE SOROS: Yes."
10/10/2008, Bill Moyers interview with Soros
Climate Policy Initiative Funding: "CPI is an independent, not-for-profit organization supported primarily by the Open Society Foundations."...George Soros Open Society Foundations.