12/12/10, "A Dying Breeze," The Resilient Earth, Doug L. Hoffman
"If there was ever an object lesson supporting the need for responsible citizens to become politically active regarding energy and environmental matters just look at the deal making going on the the US Congress over the tax cut renewal bill. In order to secure enough votes for the bill,
- a renewal of tax credits for green energy,
- including ethanol and wind power, have been tacked on.
'Rare earth' minerals are required in the manufacture of wind turbines
- and other 'green' technologies such as 'low energy' lightbulbs.
- Communist China (picture below, reuters, 11/21/10)
- This is why Communist China is "ahead" of us in the "race" for "green" jobs.
"Dying Breeze" post from Tom Nelson