- 7/12, "The Greater Boston Tea Party released the following statement on the pending yes vote on Dodd-Frank by Scott Brown.
- After weeks of debate and a thorough investigation of the bill and its possible effects on the economy, small businesses, community banks and consumers, we are at a loss as to what redeeming qualities Senator Brown found in the bill worthy of support.
Scott Brown promised in the fall of 2009 to stand up for free markets and constitutional principles. A yes vote on this bill -
- a bill that disregards Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac,
- greatly expands executive authority and reach, creates a perpetual and permanent bail-out system and fosters the creation of even more bureaucracy -
defies the commitment he made to thousands of activists and donors across the nation who swept him in to office in January in one of the biggest political upsets of all time.
- Tea party activists will continue to independently support candidates and current representatives that adhere to our constitutional principles of limited government, free markets and individual Liberty.
- from RedMassGroup.com
- Scott Brown's public statements since he began in the US Senate, which have been dismissive and almost attacking of the people who gave the most for him. Save the rap about how this bill was better than doing nothing. Scott Brown, you disgust me, you are a disgrace. ed.