Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Sterling Heights, Michigan caller to Rush Limbaugh about Trump kicking The Wall down the road: "I took my son...Max, to Sterling Heights to two rallies. My son also worked the phones for Donald...I believe he'll be making a grave mistake if he compromises on" this. Rush: "Does it matter to you when he does The Wall?" Caller: "Yes. It absolutely does...you know it's never gonna be a good time to do this"-Rush Limbaugh, 4/25/17

.
"Not having a shutdown has been the single focus of Republican policy for I don’t know how many years."

4/25/17, "Looks Like Trump Is Caving on Funding the Wall," Rush Limbaugh

"RUSH: I’m not happy to have to pass this on. I’m very, very troubled to have to pass this on. And I want to say at the outset that I hope my interpretation is wrong, and I hope this is not the case. But it looks like, from here, right here, right now, it looks like President Trump is caving on his demand for a measly $1 billion in the budget for his wall on the border with Mexico.

The Democrats are threatening a government shutdown. It’s the same old same old, and I was hoping that Trump would throw this shutdown thing right back in their face and have everybody realize they’re the ones engineering these shutdowns that nobody would notice anyway unless a big hullabaloo was made about it. 

The Democrats seem to have successfully used this stupid, silly threat of a government shutdown to get their way. What Trump is saying is if we need to get this done, then I’ll delay the spending on the wall until September. And it’s just a measly billion dollars. 

But the problem here, folks, is one of politics. If this happens, if Trump does — and I use the word “cave” guardedly. Trump, I’m sure, does not ever think he caves on anything. But outward appearances are what they are. And the bottom line is that if he is willing to withdraw a demand of his for a measly billion dollars for the wall because the Democrats are threatening a shutdown then the Democrats will have just learned that this threat works on Trump, too, not just all the other Republicans.

We know that the threat of a government shutdown, once it’s even whispered in the Drive-By Media, paralyzes the Republican Party. And then they spring into action trying to assure everybody that we’re not gonna shut down the government. And whatever the Democrats need, the Democrats, the losers in the last election, whatever they need, whatever they need is what we’re gonna do if we have to avoid a government shut down, because the media’s gonna blame us even though we’re not responsible for it and the country is gonna hate this and we can’t afford this. And so we can’t have a government shutdown.

And not having a shutdown has been the single focus of Republican policy for I don’t know how many years now. And it has translated into the Democrats being able to deny Republicans most of what they want and Democrats to get what they want. You know, once they get away with it, they’re gonna keep trying. And if they get away with it once, they’re just going to keep using it....

I know, you’re saying, “But Rush, the media will never blame the Democrats.” That’s okay. We’re here. We can blame the Democrats. The country’s ready to blame the Democrats, for crying out loud, look at the election results. The country blamed Obama. The country blamed Democrats. That’s why Trump was elected. But look, we have until Friday for this to play out. This is only Tuesday. So we’ll bide our time and be patient on this....

It’s a golden opportunity for Trump to giant foot stomp these people and end this crap of a perennial, never-ending government shutdown paralyzing anything sensible being done with our budget and our economy, wipe it out. 

The Democrat Party’s in the process of being wiped out now, wipe out this premise that the government shutdown shuts down life.  Show people that life goes on and everybody prospers fine if the government shut down for a couple days. It’s never totally shut down anyway.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Detroit, Tim. You’re next. Great to have you on the EIB Network. How you doing, sir?

CALLER: I’m doing fine, Rush. Thank you. I’ve been listening to you for 20 years in my truck....Donald Trump...I took my son...Max, to Sterling Heights to two rallies. My son also worked the phones for Donald. One of his main topics was building the wall and stopping this illegal immigration. I believe he will be making a grave mistake if he compromises on this. 

RUSH: Now, wait. He’s not compromising on the wall. He’s saying he’ll delay funding until September so as to avoid a government shutdown. Does it matter to you when he does the wall?

CALLER: Yes. It absolutely does. Because, Rush, you know it’s never gonna be a good time to do this. I’ve been listening to politics all my life.

RUSH: Yep. Yep.

CALLER: It’s the same thing with kick this can down the road. 

RUSH: Exactly. Every delay is a further nail in the coffin!"...

[Added: Sterling Heights, Michigan crowds who cheered for Trump have been knifed in the back by him.]

..................

Rush Limbaugh "Related links"

..................

No comments: