2/8/12, "New film targets kids: EPA partners with tree-hugging Dr. Seuss character who 'speaks for the trees and fights rampant industrialism'," Climate Depot
2/8/12, "Tree-hugging Dr. Seuss character will be marketeer," AP via USA Today, via Climate Depot
"The Lorax, perhaps the most famous anti-industrial crusader from children's literature, is about to become a big-time corporate spokesman.
With a host of commercial tie-ins — albeit for eco-friendly products —Universal Pictures will begin promoting "Dr. Seuss' The Lorax" this month. The animated movie, set for release March 2 in North America, is about a creature who "speaks for the trees" and fights rampant industrialism in a retelling of the Dr. Seuss children's book first published in 1971.
Ed. note: I'm the daughter of two conservationists one of whom is an Eagle Scout. The environmental movement of today isn't about the environment.
1/7/12, 3 top UN climate officials, Edenhofer, Pachauri, and Figueres, say it's about cash not climate
The 'climate change' issue isn't about climate but a 'transfer of wealth' as stated by at least 3 UN officials:
1. UN IPCC Nobel winner, Pachauri: ""I am not going to rest easy until I have articulated in every possible forum the need to bring about major structural changes in economic growth and development. That’s the real issue. Climate change is just a part of it."" UN climate chief Pachauri, 2007
2. 11/14/10, Edenhofer, UN IPCC official, "But one must say clearly that we distribute to the climate policy de facto, the world's wealth."...(parag. 5).
And if this happens,
- "Africa is the big winner, and it flows a lot of money there."...(parag. 3).
3. 10/9/10, Christiana "Figueres, executive secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)" said, "This is the greatest societal and economic transformation that the world has ever seen."
- (Figueres' resume, long form, page 5 states she is trained and authorized by Al Gore to deliver his movie, "An Inconvenient Truth.")
USA Today reporter Doyle Rice (author of story posted at top) was informed about weaknesses of US gov. climate data in 2007 and that we relied on UK CRU Climategate figures for our global data. Apparently Doyle Rice hasn't revealed this information. Link to copy of email to USA Today's Doyle Rice from NASA, Aug. 29, 2007.
"USA Today did not follow this thread when offered in 2007, or at any time since, including as what was an enormous scandal (outside of the US establishment press) unfolded."...
3/23/10, "USA Today and NASA’s Bogus Data: ‘Global Warming’ Handmaiden," BigJournalism, C. Horner