- One state retiree, 49 years old, paid, over the course of his entire career, a total of $124,000 towards his retirement pension and health benefits. What will we pay him?
- $3.3 million in pension payments over his life and nearly $500,000 for health care benefits — a total of
- $3.8m on a $120,000 investment. Is that fair?
A retired teacher paid $62,000 towards her pension and nothing, yes nothing, for full family medical, dental and vision coverage over her entire career.
- What will we pay her? $1.4 million in pension benefits and another $215,000 in health care benefit premiums over her lifetime. Is it “fair” for all of us and our children to have to pay for this excess?
- health benefits that are 41% more expensive than the average fortune 500 company’s costs
- is the truly unfair part of this equation."...
"Remarks of Governor Chris Christie to the Special Session of the New Jersey Legislature Regarding the Budget for Fiscal Year 2010,
- February 11, 2010" via RedState.com *****
Above sign from NJ Garden State Parkway Exit 98,
leading to my favorite beaches on the Jersey Shore.
Thanks again to NJ voters.