UPDATE: Street closings on 9/11/11 in NYC: "Street Closures
* Closed to traffic from 11:59 p.m. today through Monday, Sept. 12, at 5 a.m.:
West Street between Battery Place and Murray Streets.
* Closed to traffic and parking from tomorrow(Sunday, 9/11) at 8 a.m. through Sunday at 8 p.m.
- Warren Street between West Street and West Broadway
- Murray Street between West and Church streets
- Barclay Street between West and Church streets
- Greenwich Street between Warren and Vesey streets
- West Broadway between Warren and Vesey streets
- Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street
- Vesey, Fulton, Dey and Cortlandt streets between Church Street and Broadway
- Liberty Street between South End Avenue and West Street and between Greenwich Street and Broadway
- Albany Street between South End Avenue and Greenwich Street
- Cedar Street between Greenwich Street and Broadway
- Thames Street between Greenwich and Broadway
- Carlisle Street between West and Greenwich streets
- South End Avenue between Liberty and Thames streets
- Washington Street between Albany and Rector streets
- Greenwich Street between Liberty and Rector streets
* Closed to traffic Sunday from 5 a.m. through 5 p.m.
- Church Street/Trinity Place between Rector and Barclay streets
- Broadway will remain open to vehicles."
One 9/11 family member remarked: “I am looking forward to the rally. It is a place we can be free to really remember the who, why, when and where of 9/11. The morning ceremony” – that is, the official ceremony, from which clergy and 9/11 first responders (are excluded) – “is devoid of any meaning.”"...(item at end of post)
9/8/11, "Jihad Had Come to America ..... The Tapes," Atlas Shrugs, Pamela Geller-----------------------
It looks like 1, 2, and 3 trains will get you to the Park Place subway stop. The WTC train is E which might be fine but I wouldn't take it myself. I was at Pamela Geller's 2010 gathering at this same location (Park Pl. and W. Bwy) and access to the area was very restricted, many side streets blocked, cops everywhere saying you can't go there, etc. I had to walk for a long time before I was able to get to the location of our gathering. Here is a subway map. ed.
UPDATE, STREET AND SUBWAY CLOSINGS:
9/8/11, Newsday, "On Sunday from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., all streets from Battery Place to Vesey Street between the west side of Broadway and the east side of West Street will be closed. The following New York City Transit bus routes will be diverted: M5, M20, M22, X1 and X10.
NYC Transit said it has been asked to close all subway staircases on Church Street at Park Place, Barclay Street and Vesey Street from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday. Subways will
- bypass the Cortlandt Street R station in both directions during that time.
The subway staircases on Church Street at Chambers, Warren and Murray streets will remain open, as will the staircases at the east end of Park Place on Broadway."...(subscript.)