Saturday, October 21, 2017

Larry King on CNN asks Trump in 1988 if he's a Rockefeller or Bush Republican, Trump replies, 'No, the people I do best with drive the taxis.' Trump was invited to 1988 RNC by Presidential candidate George H.W. Bush-Aug, 1988, CNN interview on You Tube

.
Aug. 15-18, 1988, "Donald Trump Interview 1988 Republican National Convention," from New Orleans, CNN, You Tube


 

Larry King interviews Donald Trump from RNC on CNN, introduced by Mary Alice Williams

At 1:05: Larry King asks Trump what kind of Republican he is, is he a Rockefeller Republican, is he a Bush Republican?:

At 1:12: Trump: "No, I'm...the people that I'm really, the people that I do best with are the people who drive the taxis. You know, wealthy people don't like me, because I'm competing against them all the time...and I like to win."

*Trump was invited to the 1988 RNC by GOP presidential hopeful George H.W. Bush:

At 2:36: Larry King: "Why are you here?"

Trump: "I'm here because I'm a guest of Vice President Bush, Mrs. Bush, the Mosbachers, and some others."

Larry King: "As an observer?"

Trump: "As really an observer, and it's an interesting system, and I wanted to see really how the system works. It's the first time that I've been involved in a convention. I came down, I wanted to see how it works. And it's fun."

Larry King: "How about financing now. What can you give to George, you've already contributed to him, haven't you?"

Trump: "I've contributed to him, and I've helped him a little bit, and I guess I'll help him a little bit more, and I'm not sure he needs anybody's help. So far I think he's conducted himself brilliantly."....

At 3:28: Trump: "It's not hard to raise money for Vice President Bush. I mean he's a very formidable guy, and people like the man."



.........................


No comments: