Thursday, August 7, 2014

In victory speech over GOP Establishment Tuesday night Justin Amash said: "To lobbyist Pete Hoekstra, You are a disgrace. I'm glad we can hand you one more loss before you fade into total obscurity and irrelevance'

.
8/6/14, "Justin Amash’s absolutely amazing victory speech," Washington Post, The Fix, Aaron Blake, Wesley Lowery

"After defeating a Chamber of Commerce-backed candidate in his primary by 14 percentage points on Tuesday, the Ron Paul ally set about settling a few scores.

"I want to say to lobbyist Pete Hoekstra: You are a disgrace. And I'm glad we can hand you one more loss before you fade into total obscurity and irrelevance. To Brian Ellis: You owe my family and this community an apology. For your disgusting despicable smear campaign. You had the audacity to try to call me today after running a campaign that was called the nastiest in the country. I ran for office to stop people like you. To stop people who are more interested in themselves than doing what's best for their district.""...
.
================

8/5/14, "Why Justin Amash Keeps Winning," National Journal, Tim Alberta

"GOP leaders in Washington hate him. His opponent outspent him. The Chamber moved against him. "I clearly am getting under their skin," Amash gloats."



.

No comments: