UPDATE #7, 11/4/11, "Officials Say City Costs For Occupy Oakland More Than $1 Million," San Francisco CBS Local
"Oakland officials Friday said the Occupy Oakland protests have cost the city more than $1 million so far, and business owners say the protests are hurting them financially too."...
UPDATE #6, 11/4/11, "Occupy Protester Arrested In $10M Arson Fire," Denver Channel 7, Deb Stanley
"Police have arrested an Occupy Fort Collins protester in connection with a $10 million arson fire that damaged dozens of condominiums and businesses in Fort Collins. Benjamin David Gilmore, 29, was arrested on Thursday night on suspicion of arson, burglary and criminal mischief. On Oct. 24, a fire started at 3:30 a.m. in a four-story apartment complex under construction. The fire spread to the occupied Penny Flats condominium and retail building next door....Gilmore joined the Occupy Fort Collins movement in mid-October.“He showed up on the 3rd or 4th day,” said Rich Crisler, who identified himself as the media coordinator for Occupy Fort Collins."...
Update, 11/5/11, "Ft. Collins Occupy Arsonist Identified as Ron Paul Supporter," Atlas Shrugs
All available police in Denver were diverted to handle Occupy protests thereby leaving ordinary Americans without protection their taxes had paid for and giving the all clear to criminals that the city was unprotected.
Update #5, 10/29/11, "According to sources at the scene, some protesters were seen urinating in bottles and throwing them at police officers. Others were allegedly putting trip wires on the ground in an effort to trip officers. ...“When it escalated to that point we made an all-citywide call for every available officer”...said Denver Police Lieutenant Matt Murray." ...KDVR, Denver
Update #4, 10/30/11, "Tennessee protesters defy curfew a 3rd time," Huffington Post, K. Hall
Update #3, 10/30, "Occupy Denver protesters, law enforcement officers clash; 20 arrested," Denver Post, "During the midafternoon stalemate, U.S. Rep. Ed Perlmutter waded into the crowd alone but for a bullhorn, urging protesters to remain as peaceful as they had been during his previous visit...."Obviously you're making an impression," said Perlmutter, the 7th District Democrat. "You've got to de-escalate this thing." "We want jobs!" a man shouted back. "Democrats won't get elected anymore!""...
Update #2, 10/29, Occupy Denver protesters try to 'Occupy' the capitol, at least 7 arrested---"just like the Tea Party"
10/29/11, "*UPDATED 10/29* #OccupyWallStreet: The Rap Sheet, So Far," Big Government, John Nolte
Here are 11 more incidents sent to me by readers for a total of 92. On top of everything else, imagine the drain all this lawlessness has on law enforcement resources. My list doesn’t even include the collateral damage. Thanks to Occupy Wall Street’s drain on police personnel, shootings increased 154% in New York alone. What is it in Chicago, Seattle, Boston, Oakland, and Cleveland?
Just last week Vice President Joe Biden was all freaked out about the possibility of crime rates increasing if Congress didn’t pass Obama’s Son of Stimulus. Well, that premise was based on a lie, but the same White House trying to sell that bill of bull isn’t at all concerned with the very real increase in crime caused by the Occupiers they encourage.
- Manchester, NH: 10/28/2011 – Woman charged with pimping teen recruited at Occupy NH rally
- San Diego: 10/28/2011 – 40 Occupiers arrested
- Boston: 10/24/2011 — Occupy Boston Vandalism of Banks
- Boston: 10/25/2011 – Store Owner Suffers 4 Break Ins Since Occupy Boston Began
- Portland: 10/28/2011 — Portland Police: Buckets of Excrement Scattered Around #OccupyPortland Camp
- Seattle: 10/20/2011 — Two Possible Occupiers Charged With Assault
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Armed Felon Arrested at Occupy Seattle
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — A Tent Fight and (At Least) One Arrest at Occupy Seattle
- Seattle: 10/17/2011 — Over 50 Cops Clear Westlake Occupation, Make Eight Arrests
- Seattle: 10/13/2011 — Cops Arrest Several Occupy Protesters
- Seattle: 10/13/2011 — Chanting Protesters Surround Police After Officers Arrest Two
Please keep the tips coming. Email me at email@example.com.
***End Update [EARLIER LISTINGS follow below]...
The MSM’s contextual game changes...when their desire is to strengthen a movement and give it credibility and room to grow. By dutifully reporting individual incidents but not reporting on the growing scope and size of Occupy Wall Street lawlessness, the MSM is willfully covering up the violence, vandalism, and anti-Semitism that truly does define this movement.
Moreover, by intentionally keeping the pieces of this story scattered, the MSM is allowed to have their cake and eat it too. No one can accuse them of not reporting these incidents, but by choosing not to bring the pieces together, the MSM ensures the least amount of public relations damage is done to the Occupiers.
What I’ve collected below is far from comprehensive but still shows over 75 incidents of sexual assault, violence, vandalism, anti-Semitism, extortion, perversion, and lawlessness.
The MSM could easily tell the story of how this violence-prone movement is becoming an increasing threat to our society. After all, my research below is the result of nothing more than Twitter and Google. Among others, The New York Times, Washington Post, Politico, and the LA Times have willfully chosen not to use the resources at their disposal to give the public an honest look at this growing menace. In their partisan minds, truth doesn’t trump agenda.
A few notes on the list below. Whenever possible, I traced the incident back to the original news source. I was as careful as possible when it came to duplicate postings, though I would guess there are a few in here. There are also less than five examples that don’t involve what I would qualify as outright lawlessness but do help to expose the Occupiers for who and what they really are. Finally, and this is the most important way in which the list is imperfect, I most certainly wasn’t able to document everything. A perfect list would be much more alarming than the one I slapped together in just a few hours.
What is true is that on October 18, pollster Doug Schoen (a Democrat!) discovered that a full 31% of Occupiers were willing to commit violence in pursuit of their agenda, whatever that is. As a response to this startling and frightening admission, the MSM either outright ignored or dismissed it. What you’ll see below proves that at least when it comes to their willingness to break the law, the Occupiers are keeping their word.The list is in no particular order. Like the Occupiers themselves, it’s unruly, disorganized, messy and not focused solely on the nation’s media centers. The movement is spreading across America and bringing with it their outrageous and appalling behavior.
- NY: 10/1/2011 — Police Arrest More Than 700 Protesters on Brooklyn Bridge
- Madison, WI: 10-27-2011 — Madison Occupiers Lose Permit Due to Public Masturbation
- Phoenix: 10/28/2011 — Flier at Occupy Phoenix Asks, “When Should You Shoot a Cop?”
- NY: 10/18/2011 — Thieves Preying on Fellow Protesters
- NY: 10/9/2011 — Stinking up Wall Street: Protesters Accused of Living in Filth as Shocking Pictures Show One Demonstrator Defecating on a POLICE CAR
- NY: 10/7/2011 — Occupiers Rush Police … More
- Cleveland: 10/18/2011 — ‘Occupy Cleveland’ Protester Alleges She Was Raped
- NY: 10/10/2011 — ‘Increasingly Debauched’: Are Sex, Drugs & Poor Sanitation Eclipsing Occupy Wall Street?
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Man Accused of Exposing Self to Children Arrested
- 10/12/2011 — Iran Supports ‘Occupy Wall Street’
- Portland: 10/16/2011 – #OccupyPortland Protester Desecrates Memorial To U.S. War Dead
- Portland: 10/15/2011 — #OccupyPortland Protesters Sing “F*** The USA”
- Chicago: 10/17/2011 — COMMUNIST LEADER Cheered at Occupy Chicago
- 10/15/2011 — American Nazi Party Endorses Occupy Wall Street‘s ’Courage,‘ Tells Members to Support Protests and Fight ’Judeo-Capitalist Banksters’
- Boston: 10/14/2011 — Coast Guard member spit on near Occupy Boston tents
- Boston: 10/11/2011 — Boston Police Arrest Over 100 from Occupy Boston
- New York: 10/11/2011 — “You Can Have Sex with Animals.”
- New York: 10/15/2011 — Harassing Police with Accusations of Phony Injuries
- New York: 10/9/2011 – ‘Occupy Wallstreet’ Protesters Steal from Local Businesses
- New York: 10/25/2011 — Three Men Threatened to Kill 24-Year-Old Occupy Wall Street Protester for Reporting Rape
- Baltimore: 10/18/2011 — #OccupyBaltimore Discourages Sexual Assault Victims from Contacting Police
- Portland: 10/27/2011 — Occupy Portland’s Attempt At Wealth Redistribution Ends In Theft
- Los Angeles: 10/14/2011 – Anti-Semitic Protester at Occupy Wall Street
- 10/27/2011 — A Death Threat From an Occupy Wall Street Protester
- 10/27/2011 – Anti-Semitic Tweet From Occupier or Sympathizer
- Boston: 10/20/2011 — Occupy Boston Doesn’t Want Police Involved in Rape
- New York: 10/5/2011: Anti-Semitic Occupier Screams About Jews, Israel
- New York: 10/4/2011 — Occupier Taunts Jewish Man
- Boston: 10/2011 — Occupiers Block Street
- New York: 10/2011 — Occupier Tries to Steal Police Officer’s Gun
- New York: 10/27/2011 — Occupiers Block Traffic, Get Arrested
- Oakland: 10/27/2011 — Occupiers Throw Garbage at Police
- Oakland: 10/19/2011 — Abusive #OccupyOakland Protesters Ban Media from Tent City
- Eugene, OR: 10/19/2011 — Occupiers Displace Farmers’ Market Threatening Hundreds of Jobs
- Portland, OR: 10/18/2011 — Capitalist Offering Jobs at Occupy Portland Finds Few Takers
- NY: 10/20/2011 — #OccupyWallStreet Threatens Businesses, Patrons
- NY: 10/14/2011 — Violence Breaks Out During #OccupyWallStreet March Toward Stock Exchange
- NY: 10/14/2011 — Protesters March On Wall Street, Scuffle With Cops
- Oakland: 10/19/2011 — #OccupyOakland Protesters Threaten Reporter
- Oakland: 10/26/2011 — Occupiers Scuffle with Police
- Oakland: 10/24/2011 — Protesters Storm, Vandalize, Shut Down Chase Bank
- Dayton, OH: 10/22/2011 — Protester: ‘F*ck The Military, F*ck Your Flag, And F*ck The Police’
- Chicago: 10/14/2011 – Protesters’ Message At #OccupyChicago Rally: ‘Destroy Israel’
- NY: 10/23/2011 — #OccupyWallStreet Supporter Rants Against Israel, Jews
- NY: 10/22/2011 — #Occupy Kid: ‘Burn Wall Street, Burn!’
- NY: 10/21/2011 — New Yorkers Fed Up With Noisy, Defecating Protesters
- Oakland: 10/21/2011 — Occupy Oakland Evicted After Reports Of Crime And Intimidation
- Oakland: 10/19/2011 — #OccupyOakland Out of Control: Rats, Graffiti, Vandalism, Sexual Harassment, Public Sex and Urination
- Chicago: 10/26/2011 – Occupiers Under Investigation by FBI for Links to Terrorism
- Cleveland: 10/29/2011 — Rape Reported at Occupy Cleveland
- Dallas: 10/24/2011 — Police Investigating Possible Sexual Assault Of Teen At Occupy Dallas
- Bloomington, IN: 10/26/2011 — Man Claims Occupy Bloomington Protesters Drugged, Handcuffed Him
- NY: 10/10/2011 — Sex, Drugs and Hiding from the Law at Wall Street Protests
- Glasgow: 10/26/2011 — Woman Gang-Raped
- Boston: 10/23/2011 — Occupy Boston Protesters Arrested For Dealing Heroin – With 6 Year-Old in Tent
- Portland: 10/16/2011 – Sex Offender Registers Occupy Portland Camp as Address
- Denver: 10/15/2011 — Occupy Denver Demonstrator Accused of Groping TV Photographer
- Lawrence, KS: 10/25/2011 — Sexual Assault Reported at Occupy Camp
- Minneapolis, MN: Bricks, Rocks, ‘Riot Supplies’ Discovered by Police
- Phoenix, AZ: 10/27/2011 — Neo-Nazis Patrol “Occupy Phoenix” With AR-15′s
- Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Occupy Chicago Invades City Hall
- 10/26/2011 — ACORN, Occupy Email Talks About Assault on Banks
- 10/26/2011 – OccupyWallStreet Strategy for Reports of Violence Against Cops
- Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Unrepentant Domestic Terrorist Bill Ayers Wows Occupiers
- Chicago: 10/25/2011 — Ayers Coaches #OccupyChicago, Callsg for School ‘Occupations’
- 10/26/2011 — Occupy Protests Have Jewish Leaders Concerned
- Wash DC: 10/27/2011 – OccupyDC Leftists Provoke Police – Hang Flag on Top of DC Statue
- Albuquerque, NM: 10/26/2011 — Occupy Squatters Riot With Police
- San Diego: 10/25/2011 — Flag Used as Chew Toy by Occupier’s Dog
- Oakland: 10/25/2011 — Occupiers Throw Bottles at Police
- NY: 10/27/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Protesters: Rush Limbaugh Is Bigger Threat Than Al-Qaeda
- 10/27/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Launching First Nationwide General Strike in America Since 1946
- NY: 10/28/2011 — Fox 5 News Reporter Assaulted at OWS
- 10/28/2001 — Total Occupy Arrests Made Thus Far: 2750
- Nashville: 10/28/2011 — 30 Arrests Made at Wall St. Protest
- NY: 10/20/2011 — Former Marine Tries to Taunt Police into Violence
- NY: 1023/2011 — Islamist Group Joins with Occupy Wall Street
- Los Angeles: 10/13/2011 — Roundup of Overt Occupy anti-Semitism
- NY: 10/12/2011 — There are No Anti-Semites at Occupy Wall Street. Except for This Guy
- Missoula, MT: 10/20/2011 — Drunk 11-Year-Old At Occupy Missoula, Adult Arrested
- Oakland: 10/28/2011 — Bounty Out On Police Officer?
10/27/11, "Occupy Madison (Wisc.) loses permit," Daily Cardinal, Taylor Harvey
10/29/11, 5:04pm, "Occupy Denver protesters, police clash in downtown," KDVR.com, Denver, Fox31
"At least seven people were arrested in downtown Denver during a confrontation between Denver Police and Occupy Denver protesters Saturday afternoon.
A police spokesman says the confrontation began when some Occupy Denver protesters tried to "occupy" the state capitol, which is illegal.
Witnesses say some in the crowd were throwing objects at police, and that a police officer patrolling the protest on a motorcycle was pushed off his bike.
Sources say a few officers have resorted to pepper spray and other non-lethal devices such as rubber bullets in an effort to control the crowd.