Thanks again to the US media who are accessories to whatever this is. '25 out of 26' citation below this post.
10/20/11, "BLS Reports Two Sequential Initial Claims Misses In A Row In Claims: One Current And One Prior Revised," Zero Hedge, Tyler Durden
"When we discussed last week's intiial claims number we said, "In today's weekly dose of BS from the BLS, we get the previous week's massive beat of 401K revised to 405K, cutting the 410K estimate beat in half. But what is important is that the expectation for this week of 405K was once again "massively beaten" by a whopping 1K at 404K.
- Of course, next week this number will be revised to 408K meaning the consensus was missed
- persistently higher than 400K, now something like
- 25 out of 26 weeks in a row,
- due to layoffs in the
- manufacturing, service, retail and transportation industries."...
Following is citation for 25 out of 26 week upward revision:
10/20/11, An emailer to Instapundit: "Jeff Carter emails: “Have been tracking those revisions as well. My numbers show the last 26 weeks have had an
- average revision of up 3,884
- with no downward revisions
- and only one revision of zero.
- Talk about lying with statistics.”"