Next on the list is the GOP, as noted following the Nov. 2010 elections in which we gave them a majority they did not want:
Declaration of Independence:
- "IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
- When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them,
- a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them
- to the separation....
- He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only....
- For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
- For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
- For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:...
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms:
- Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may
- define a Tyrant, is
- unfit to be the ruler of a free people."...
11/20/10, "Revolutionary Do-Over," Wall St. Journal, John Fund
Former GOP Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, now a big-time Washington lobbyist, has already told the Washington Post that
- it's imperative for his tribe to "co-opt" the tea partiers arriving in D.C."...
11/4/10, "Ruling Class GOP declare war on country class conservatives, " Rush Limbaugh transcript.
Rush explains what we see, the Ruling Class GOP will fight more viciously to defeat conservatives than they will to defeat Democrats.
- US Air Force pilot with his Stearman biplane, 1940's
- Same pilot above in his uniform, 1940's, surviving.
cartoon via Lucianne.com, 11/2010