Based on this article, the word "blasts" in the headline is inaccurate.
5/11/11, "Rep. Lungren blasts Obama's joke about moats and alligators for border security," The Hill, Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) on Wednesday night said he is "disappointed" that President Obama chose to mock those who are demanding tighter border security in his Tuesday speech in El Paso.
Obama angered many by ridiculing demands for beefed up border protection, at a time when law officers and citizens in southwestern states have been injured or killed by drug violence that has leaked over the border from Mexico.
"Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said. "Maybe they want alligators in the moat. They'll never be satisfied."
"Let me register my disappointment at the demonization of those who might have a disagreement with the president that was expressed by him in his speech yesterday," Lungren said on the House floor Wednesday night.
"Talking about moats and talking about alligators and talking about intransigents on the others side of the aisle is not the way to attract bipartisan support to deal with one of the most difficult and important questions of our nation," he said."...
4/28/10, "Police state: How Mexico treats illegal aliens," Michelle Malkin
""– The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?
– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome.
- Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories.
Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence,
- pass an exam and prove they can provide
- their own health care.
- Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).
– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.".
The Obama DHS spends taxpayers' own money to promote the fantasy that the term "terrorist" actually refers to white, law abiding American who merely oppose illegal immigration:
3/24/11, "County, DHS officials stage mock terror exercise featuring 'anti-immigration' shooters," New Media Journal
A Dept. of Homeland security endorsed 'terror' drill featuring white Americans as the bad guys is to being staged in an Iowa public school. In the planning of this event alone, unformed minds of school children are being filled with hate and fear to carry all their lives. Officials in Iowa's Pottawattamie County have organized a 4 hour taxpayer funded terrorism exercise/drill with endorsement and cash from the Dept. of Homeland Security, along with school children, parents, police, fire fighters, government officials and others. Many terrorist attacks have occurred or have been uncovered in the planning stages in the US in the past 10 years, but the Iowa drill ignores those. Instead they stage an elaborate drill INSIDE A SCHOOL based on Caucasian Americans getting guns and shooting illegal immigrants--although no such crime is known to have happened, and investigators found
- no evidence that one is in the offing.
3/24, AP,""But the drill's director Doug Reed said Thursday that the scenario is "completely fictitious" and the immigration issue was incorporated
- to get Homeland Security funds to cover the costs of the training exercise."...
To brush this decision aside by saying, just a fictional idea, avoids the point. If it's so fanciful and meaningless, why harness a cross section of authority figures, parents, children, and apply for US taxpayer dollars through the Dept. of Homeland Security
- if it doesn't mean anything?
- Robert Ussery, state director of the Iowa Minutemen, an anti-illegal Immigration group, criticized the training drill's scenario.
But exercise director Doug Reed said the scenario incorporated the Immigration issue to get Homeland Security funds to cover the training exercise. To qualify, Reed said, the exercise needed to be about terrorism, which
- the federal government defines as the use of violence to intimidate or coerce a government or population as a means to further a political or social objective."...
5/26/10, "Phoenix police officer killed," UPI
The perpetrator, Danny Martinez, said to be an American born in Tucson, was found after a car chase naked hiding in a shed. He had a prior prison record in Arizona. The dead officer left a 2 week old baby boy and a 2 year old daughter. What a riot, he should have had some alligators. When he died, his police chief was in Eric Holder's office discussing tactics in the federal government's case against Arizona.
via Weasel Zippers