United Nations UNEP in 2005 claimed there would be 50 million climate refugees by 2010:
4/18/11, "UN Embarrassed by Forecast on Climate Refugees," Der Spiegel, Axel Bojanowski
"Six years ago, the United Nations issued a dramatic warning that the world would have to cope with 50 million climate refugees by 2010. But now that those migration flows have failed to materialize, the UN has distanced itself from the forecasts. On the contrary, populations are growing in the regions that had been identified as environmental danger zones."
- Refugee claim was basis for which $100 billion was demanded at Copenhagen
1/24/10, "UN Wrongly linked global warming to natural disasters," TimesOnlineUK, by Jonathan Leake
"THE United Nations climate science panel faces new controversy for wrongly linking global warming to an increase in the number and severity of natural disasters
- such as hurricanes and floods.
It based the claims on an unpublished report that had not been subjected to routine scientific scrutiny —
- and ignored warnings from scientific advisers that the evidence supporting the link too weak. The report's own authors later withdrew the claim because they felt the evidence was not strong enough.
The claim by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), that global warming is already affecting the severity and frequency of global disasters,
- has since become embedded in political and public debate.
It was central to discussions at last month's Copenhagen climate summit, including a demand by developing countries for compensation of $100 billion (£62 billion) from the
- rich nations blamed for creating the most emissions."...
4/13/11, "The Climate Refugee Hoax," IBD, Editorial
Above photo ran during Copenhagen climate summit.
Meant to sell climate refugee hoax for
the purpose of demanding billions in reparations from Americans. Many of our so-called elected representatives have been happy to follow through with this fraud. photo from Berlingske.
via Climate Depot