UPDATE: 3/9/11, "Washington Post and PolitiFact confirm $105 billion ObamaCare slush fund," BigGovernment.com
REP. MICHELE BACHMANN: ...There was a Congressional Research Service report that just was issued in February, and we discovered that secretly,
- unbeknownst to members of Congress,
- over $105 billion was hidden in the Obamacare legislation
to fund the implementation of Obamacare. This is something that wasn't known. This money was broken up, hidden in various parts of the bills. And we have worked very hard to discover $61 billion in cuts that we could put forward, get to the president. So, in effect, David, we've taken one step forward and two steps back because we've found now that
- $105 billion had already been implemented.
MR. GREGORY: All right. But that--but, Congresswoman, you heard the president this week offer...
Notice how often during the interview that Ms Bachmann keeps returning to the topic of the $105 billion of ObamaCare funding during the interview which is countered in each instance by
- David Gregory desperately trying to change the subject."
"`It may be hard to understand why someone would try to jump off a cliff' to solve the debt crisis, [pollster] Mr. [Bill] McInturff said of his fellow Republicans, `*unless you understand that they are being chased by a tiger, and that tiger is the tea party.'" Is the tea party chasing the broader GOP off the cliff?
REP. BACHMANN: You know, I think that the political left has been very afraid of the tea party movement because it is not necessarily political. It's not Democrats or Republicans. It's made up of a very broad-based coalition. It's made up of people who want the country to work again. They believe that we're taxed enough already, the government shouldn't spend more money than what its taking in, and that each of the three branches of government should act within the jurisdictional limitations of the Constitution. That's a broad-based group of people. They just want our country to work again. And I think that that coalition is hanging together more strongly now than ever.
So now that Congress is searching for ways to cut the budget, a very good place to start would be with the 105 BILLION dollars in secret ObamaCare funding, However, David Gregory would rather stubbornly stick to his script about supposed dissension between Tea Party members and the GOP as well other relatively trivial matters.
Perhaps someday David Gregory can bring himself to actually say the words: $105 BILLION. "
* Translation of the term 'fellow Republican' in this context: 'Soros Republican' or a Republican determined for this country to fail as far and as fast as possible. Before all else, do not let the people have want they want and need. Many Americans have lost lifetimes of work, discipline and sacrifice. That isn't nearly enough for the Soros Republicans who gave us Obama to begin with. ed.