Even before deals announced on current India trip, GE gets record $750 million deal from India for Reliance Power:
- 10/25,"GE wins Indian record $750 million turbine order for Reliance Power Plant," Bloomberg
"Some of the deals expected to contribute to this included:...
- The sale by GE of fighter 107 F414 jet engines to the Indian military.
- A separate deal with GE worth $500m (£309m) for the sale of six heavy duty gas turbines and three steam turbines to India's Reliance Energy Ltd....
- The White House said India had identified GE subsidiary GE Transportation, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, and Electro-Motive Diesel, of LaGrange, Illinois, a unit of Caterpillar Inc, as bidders to supply Indian railways with over 1,000 diesel locomotives over 10 years."...
"Probably not since the days of the Pharaohs or the more ludicrous Roman Emperors has a head of state travelled in such
- pomp and expensive grandeur as the President of the United States of America.
via Drudge Report