Tricking the hicks of America's heartland into buying the global warming scam: "focusing on thrift, patriotism, spiritual conviction and economic prosperity"... and of course captive public school children. Below Kansas school principal dressed as "Mr. Powerstick"
10/18, NY Times, Salina, Kansas: "In Kansas, climate skeptics embrace green energy," by L. Kaufman
- "Residents of this deeply conservative city do not put much stock in scientific predictions of climate change.
“Don’t mention global warming,” warned Nancy Jackson, chairwoman of the Climate and Energy Project, a small nonprofit group that aims to get people to rein in the fossil fuel emissions that contribute to climate change. “And don’t mention Al Gore. People out here just hate him.”
- Saving energy, though, is another matter. "...
From "Climate and Energy Project" website front page: "“Climate change will provide the conditions that will extend the war on terror. You have very real changes in natural systems that are most likely to happen in regions of the world that are already fertile ground for terrorism.” - Admiral T. Joseph Lopez, USN (Ret.)"
The "small non-profit" as the Times puts it has a big time list of wealthy backers.
(continuing, NY Times): "Last Halloween, schoolchildren here searched for “vampire” electric loads, or appliances that sap energy even when they seem to be off. Energy-efficient LED lights twinkled on the town’s Christmas tree. On Valentine’s Day, local restaurants left their dining room lights off and served meals by candlelight.
- The fever for reducing dependence on fossil fuels has spread beyond this city of red-brick Eisenhower-era buildings to other towns on the Kansas plains. A Lutheran church in nearby Lindsborg was inspired to install geothermal heating. The principal of Mount Hope’s elementary school dressed up as an energy bandit at a student assembly on home-energy conservation.
- Hutchinson won a contract to become home to a $50 million wind turbine factory.
Town managers attribute the new resolve mostly to a yearlong competition sponsored by the Climate and Energy Project, which set out to
- extricate energy issues from the charged arena of climate politics."...
- (continuing, NY Times): "Attempts by the Obama administration to regulate greenhouse gases are highly unpopular here because of opposition to large-scale government intervention. Some are skeptical that humans might fundamentally alter a world that was created by God.
If the heartland is to seriously reduce its dependence on coal and oil, Ms. Jackson and others decided, the issues must be separated. So the project ran an experiment to see if by
- focusing on thrift, patriotism, spiritual conviction and economic prosperity,
it could rally residents of six Kansas towns to take meaningful steps to conserve energy and consider renewable fuels."...
Conservation is common sense, and failing that has nothing to do with the trillion dollar invented CO2 endangerment scam which the above mentioned group
- tells Kansas residents CAUSES TERRORISM.
The entire industry rests on the false premise that catastrophic man made global warming exists, and is largely caused by evil middle class Americans who must pay billions immediately and in perpetuity to equatorial dictators and the Soros machine. ed.
- photo NY Times