- 9/28, "White House spokesman praises MSNBC hosts after Obama's Fox swipe," Michael Calderone, Yahoo
- praised a couple of commentators on MSNBC --
- "that too many Americans don't appreciate or recognize these things that you guys have accomplished."
"No, I don't think that that's his point," Burton said....
However, Burton added that Obama does want to make sure that people on the left and right know that the administration's "done a lot" and that "we've got a lot more to do."
- He then lauded the efforts of MSNBC's top liberal hosts.
"And if you're on the left, if you're somebody like Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow or one of the folks who helps to keep our government honest and pushes and prods to make sure that folks are true to progressive values," Burton continued, "then he thinks that
- those folks provide an invaluable service." ...
Since January 2009,
- Obama has invited Maddow to a few small discussions with left-leaning and moderate columnists and pundits."
- He has just about everything and pretty much has Fox News too in that staff was ordered to give Obama the soft touch: