- 9/10, "If we don't build it, they will kill you?" Forbes.com by Claudia Rosett
- With 'peace' and 'outreach' his supposed goals, what does the Ground Zero Imam do when his friends in US media give him a worldwide platform? He says, who, me? All I know is that if Americans express free speech, they will likely meet a violent end. No outrage from US elected representatives.
- “anger will explode in the Muslim world.”
- very, very, very dangerous indeed.”
Please bear in mind that CNN beams this stuff out not only across America, but around the globe. While Rauf might proffer that he was merely giving helpful advice, there’s an Islamist audience out there who could hear his well-amplified words – “Islam is under attack” —
- as a summons to inflict yet more of those explosive onslaughts
- in which thousands of Americans have already been killed.
As for the message Rauf’s words might impart to the many Americans who oppose his project,
- his warning doesn’t sound like bridge-building.
- It sounds like blackmail.
Before Rauf rolled out his Cordoba House project for approval by a Manhattan community board this past May, America’s annual observations of Sept. 11 were a solemn matter, focused on the enormity of the Islamist murder of almost 3,000 Americans. This year, the run-up to Sept. 11 has become an angry showdown, involving Pastor Terry Jones and his widely and rightly condemned on-again off-again plans to burn the Koran,
- growing frustration on the part of many Americans who feel they are endlessly asked to defer to the sensitivities of Muslims
who respond with ever-growing demands, and at the center of it all, the obdurate and
- self-promoting Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf."...