A familiar 'star' motif seems to be the plan.
- via American Thinker, via Atlas Shrugs
Bloomberg and Obama in golf cart on Martha's Vineyard, 8/27/10, ap
The Ground Zero mosque developers have withheld property tax because they don't agree the land is valued at the amount assessed by the city. While this was going on and $224,000 in property taxes were in arrears, NY Mayor Bloomberg carried on an extensive media blitz, including tearfulness, on behalf of these people and how important it was they should have this land. We were scolded by Bloomberg, told we should have 'shame' for ourselves. So important was this group to him that he staged a dramatic speech on their behalf in front of the Statue of Liberty, becoming choked up while trying to make
- the issue merely about religion.
- $224,000 behind on its property taxes this summer.
The city's finance department confirmed Friday that El-Gamal had begun resolving that debt Wednesday, turning over a check for a little more than
- $35,000 and signing on to an eight-installment payment plan to pay the rest.
El-Gamal said in a statement that the failure to pay was due to a dispute with the city over the assessed value of the property —
- an appeal that is still pending."
- 9/29, "Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad planned second attack on the city: Feds," NY Post, B. Golding
- Reference: 8/6/10, "Mayor Bloomberg says Ground Zero Mosque opponents should be 'ashamed of themselves,'" NY Post, by D. Seifman
- 9/18/10, "Muslim summit planned over NYC Islamic Center," AP
- via Atlas Shrugs
- the 2 and 3 subway lines run under a portion of the Park Place property, the Post learned."...