US Air Force transfers surveillance drone from protecting our military to studying US weather patterns that rarely occur.
- 8/13, "Drones to be used for hurricane study," AP, T. Winton, Miami
- while most remain weak?
- intriguing theory
- It's used by the military to do reconnaissance in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- The aircraft - given to NASA by the Air Force -
- While forecasters are hoping to catch a storm in formation, they know that most won't.
- "We're going to sample a lot of duds," he said. ...
- will be able to send back a real-time, wide-ranging image of an entire storm system,
- not just observations from a single plane or distant satellite.