Obama's speech in Cairo over a year ago pledged to improve zakat for Islamists in the US. Zakat is apparently an Islamic financial charitable obligation, per Obama's speech. (Have Gingrich, Rove, Romney or the others gone on book tours explaining this term and what it means for Americans?) From Cairo speech, June 2009:
- "The fifth issue that we must address together is religious freedom....
For instance, in the United States,
- rules on charitable giving have made it
- fulfill their religious obligation.
- that they can fulfill zakat."...
- to fund jihad (for Allah).
- That Obama deemed he was addressing the "Muslim World" gave previously unrealized form to jihad, per Spengler:
- 6/2/09, Spengler, Asia Times: "For the US president to address the "Muslim world" on the subject of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and by implication
- is to define the matter as a jihad, and to rule out a peaceful solution -
- to accept the existence of the state of Israel."...
- Reference, 8/12/10, "Lugar: 'Republicans better have ideas'"