- 8/25/10, "Alleged anti-Muslim attacker works at pro-Park 51 group," Politico, by Ben Smith
- But as often at the intersection of politics and violent crime,
- the story doesn't appear to fit any easy stereotype: The alleged assailant, Michael Enright, is — according to his Facebook profile and the website
of the left-leaning media organization Intersections International — a student at the School of Visual Arts and a volunteer for Intersections,
and is funded by the mainstream, liberal Collegiate Church of New York....
Police described Enright as a resident of Brewster, 21 years old, and an employee of an "Internet media company who had recently spent time with a combat unit in Afghanistan filming military exercises until this past May."
- From WSJ.com, 8/25
- The organization has publicly supported the proposed mosque near Ground Zero.
Intersections International confirmed that Mr. Enright did volunteer work for the group in video production and editing. Sara Reef, a program director for the group, said she didn't work closely with Mr. Enright, but that he had a good reputation at the nonprofit organization.
- "He was a good guy," she said. "He got along with my colleagues.""...